Peapod to Add Best of the Midwest Local Ice Creams for a Limited Time this Summer
Customers in Peapod’s Midwest Market Can Order Regional Favorites for a Limited Time from Now through Labor Day
At Peapod we are committed to delighting our customers with new seasonal items so we’re celebrating the kick-off of summer with great local ice cream brands. We went out and found some of our customers’ regional favorites, many of which are not on grocery store shelves, and are taking them straight to their doors.
CHICAGO (June 12, 2018) — Peapod, the country’s leading online grocer, announces a new partnership with several local Midwest based ice cream brands to deliver sweet treats to Midwestern customers all summer. The tasty new flavors will be available for order on Peapod.com through Labor Day.
Currently available in Peapod’s Midwest market, the brands are Fronen, Massa Gelato, Purple Door, Scratch, Loves, Jeni’s, Graeter’s and Homemade. The new offerings also coincide with Peapod’s launch of its new ‘best value’ PodPass Midweek subscription offer, thousands of lower everyday prices on the site and the announcement of a new $30 minimum order requirement in the Chicagoland area. The new minimum is a lowered offer from the previous minimum of $60.
“At Peapod we are committed to delighting our customers with new seasonal items so we’re celebrating the kick-off of summer with great local ice cream brands,” said Spencer Baird, Senior Vice President of Merchandising at Peapod. “We went out and found some of our customers’ regional favorites, many of which are not on grocery store shelves, and are taking them straight to their doors.”
Peapod will offer an array of delicious flavors, including:
- Salted Caramel and Raspberry Chip from Wisconsin based Purple Door Ice Cream
- Mint Chip Brownie and Door County Cherry from Wisconsin based Scratch Ice Cream
- Vegan Peanut Butter and Chocolate Malt from Michigan company, Love’s Ice Cream
- Brambleberry Crisp and Gooey Butter Cake from Ohio based Jeni’s Ice Cream
- Buckeye Chocolate Chip and Limited Edition Summer Peach from Ohio based Graeter’s Ice Cream
- Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip and Natural Vanilla Bean from Ohio based Homemade Ice Cream.
In addition, each month in the summer will feature a special flavor.
- June: Graeter's Handcrafted Strawberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- July: Jeni’s Frose Sorbet
- August: Purple Door’s Brandy Old Fashioned Ice Cream
Peapod will be sampling a variety of ice creams at upcoming Millennium Park Summer Film Series showings in Chicago.
- Monday, July 9th; 11am – Iron Giant
- Tuesday, July 31st; 6:30pm – WALL-E and Crash
- Tuesday, August 14th; 6:30pm – Coco
Peapod, an Ahold Delhaize USA company, is America's leading online grocer with over 40 million orders delivered to date. Peapod's intuitive, inspiring website and award-winning mobile app allow customers to shop faster and smarter as well as save time and money with each order. Peapod is an easy and convenient solution for the busy consumer shopping for fresh groceries, pantry staples and meal solutions. Peapod offers delivery to both homes and businesses, and has over 200 pick-up locations. Peapod is available in 24 metro markets across New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Maryland, District of Columbia, and Virginia.